What is OpStack?
OpStack is an employee-owned, debt-free, engineer-run, software and professional services company. We strongly believe that infrastructure-as-software is the way to do infrastructure right and work with end-user organizations and software companies to build infrastructure that allows them to operate efficiently and securely at any scale. Our clients range from multi-billion dollar established firms to startups; they include software companies, law firms, accounting firms, telecommunications companies, and fintechs. Our work enables business critical systems and protects valuable and sensitive data. OpStack is short for “Operations Stack” — if that doesn’t make sense, you can stop reading now.
Who are Stackers?
We are a diverse team of hands-on architects, sysadmins, security engineers, database administrators, and automation developers. Stackers are only interested in doing work that we are proud of. We all work remotely, try to minimize the amount of time spent on administrivia, pick our own working hours (though we do show up for meetings), take responsibility, back each other up, have strong technical opinions, and turn expertise into usable, reliable, solutions. We are self-starters and compulsive learners.
What about Benefits and Other Stuff?
In addition to competitive pay, stackers are eligible for an annual bonus based on both individual contribution and company performance. You will receive an annual stipend to allow you to keep your workstation and home network up to snuff while making use of OpStack’s cloud and co-lo development labs as needed. We provide a full set of employee benefits including 100% company paid health insurance, a 401-K plan with company match, and disability insurance. OpStack observes all national holidays and provides paid time off as no one wants to burn out a colleague.Open Positions
Senior Cloud Developer
- Design/Build solutions in public clouds, specifically AWS, Azure, and GCP.
- Instrument applications and surface metric data to improve the performance and reliability of customer applications.
- Participate in customer facing engagements to solve challenges using Infrastructure as Code tools including Ansible, Terraform, CloudFormation, Azure Resource Manager, or similar.
- Work with code using git and CI/CD tools like Gitlab.
- Authoring technical documentation to support engagements.
- 4 years of building and managing production operations including development support, code build and deploy tasks, and ongoing operational management.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently.
- Excellent communication skills, and documentation skills.
- Ability to manage competing priorities, and work well under pressure.
- Track record of practical problem solving under pressure.
- Advanced Windows Server or Linux administration skills.
- Advanced experience with configuration management systems such as Ansible, Puppet or Terraform.
- Demonstrable knowledge of TCP/IP, Linux operating system internals, filesystems, disk/storage technologies and storage protocols.
- Experience with AWS, or other public cloud infrastructure providers.
- Exposure to managing container-based workloads, using Kubernetes or other orchestration software.